Ingredients Chilli Garlic Paste
- 5 to 6 whole dry Kashmiri red chillies, deseeded
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
Preparation Chilli Garlic Paste
- 1. Soak the red chillies in enough warm water for atleast an hour
- Drain the chillies, add the garlic and blend in mixer till smooth , adding little water . Keep aside.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ¾ cup finely
- chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups finely
- chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp Ramdev Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup boiled and
- lightly mashed green peas
- 1 ½ cups boiled, peeled ansd mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the butter and oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds
- When the seeds crackle , add the chilli-garlic paste and saute on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add the onions and saute for 3-4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, mash well using potato masher.
- Add the salt, Ramdev Pav Bhaji Masala , chilli powder and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the green peas, potatoes, mix well abd cook along with 1 cup of water for 2 minutes while mashing it .
- Add coriander , mix well and cook for 1 minute.
Top the bhaji with 1 tsp of butter and serve immediately with lightly buttered and toasted pav.
Sides to serve
Finely Chopped Onions